VOTE NOW - POLL: Preventing prop climb/boosting with player clips

Should we add player clips (invisible walls) above all fences to prevent climbing in/out?

• Yes, prevent players from climbing in/out over fences.

• No, allow players to climb in/out over fences. Let admins handle it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's the debacle we're in. If we make the fences there taller, subs will just look fucking dumb. If it's left, they're useless.
The general consensus seems to be that we're more concerned with the subs aesthetics than their functionality. Would you rather have a property with a retarded looking fence that people actually use, or a property with a normal fence that is perpetually vacant?

El Jameo

Sack of Shit
Server Administrator
Tough one. I'll have to lose the spikes at the top or edit the texture (which probably won't fix the problem unless it's just the holes we're concerned with).

Phantom

Owner
The general consensus seems to be that we're more concerned with the subs aesthetics than their functionality. Would you rather have a property with a retarded looking fence that people actually use, or a property with a normal fence that is perpetually vacant?
I'm concerned with making a map that looks good, and functions in a way that doesn't hinder gameplay. If "general consensus" is 16 people out of 61, then you should also retake statistics.

I meant the general consensus of the people who have posted in this thread. I'm trying to provide constructive criticism. No need for insults, though I suppose I should have expected that from you.

I'm concerned with making a map that looks good, and functions in a way that doesn't hinder gameplay. If "general consensus" is 16 people out of 61, then you should also retake statistics.
Maybe you should retake reading comprehension.

Phantom

Owner
A taller fence is not an option, it's high enough as is, and the ownership shot that down before the thread was even made. The options on the vote are the only options we are considering.

Maybe you should retake reading comprehension.
Your contribution to the topic is...?

Minimizing admin dependency where ever possible is necessary so they can deal with other issues or have a lick of fun themselves. If you are getting constantly called to baby sit then I'd imagine this adjustment would be helpful, especially when the server hits a high pop.