VOTE NOW - POLL: Preventing prop climb/boosting with player clips

Should we add player clips (invisible walls) above all fences to prevent climbing in/out?

• Yes, prevent players from climbing in/out over fences.

• No, allow players to climb in/out over fences. Let admins handle it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phantom

Owner
We have a conundrum. Currently, players can climb over fences using vehicles, props, or other players heads. While all of these methods are illegal, it obviously still happens. There are two options to solving the problem, which are in the poll above.

Option 1: Create playerclips, which are invisible walls, above fences. This will prevent players from crossing the fence, from either side. However, props, vehicles, bullets, molotovs, etc. will all still be allowed through like normal. This would obviously prevent climbing over fences completely.

Option 2: Leave it as is. Admins will be responsible for punishing people who break into properties illegally via prop climbing or other methods. Any and all methods of using props to get over walls will be illegal, and only natural methods (those using the map alone) will be allowed.

Please vote in the poll and discuss below.

Lol, No one buys subs because of this reason. You should be able to grow shrooms without having citizens and cops nig over the fence and steal your shit.

I feel like it increases the property value if you can more easily grow shrooms in all of the properties which allow you to and not just like pool or hiding in some back corner somewhere. It also gets rid of the baby sitting/situations where admins have to intervene all the time. Other people think it's bullshit since they can't build over their own fences which is definitely a downside.

This should definitely happen. Create invisible barriers above fence so no players can jump over. Subs, which is normally one of the best spots to base on the map, is absolutely useless. The fact that subs houses are always available should speak volumes about how much this is needed. Nobody should have to camp out in their backyard 24/7 to ensure nobody is just olympic style vaulting their fence.

No, fences will be to OP if you cannot climb over them .I agree, don't prop climb over them, but being able to use vehicles shoudld be fine.

Option 1: Allow players to peek over with props / cars, but prevent player clipping. Makes gameplay more interesting, removes the admin babying. More work for Jameo, less work fur yew. One time fix > fixing every day every hour every minute

Using vehicles to climb over things has and always will be illegal.
I frankly don't see why? People use their vehicles and each other to climb over fences all the time, other servers and irl? It makes it so fences are magical objects that can not be broken through.

I frankly don't see why? People use their vehicles and each other to climb over fences all the time, other servers and irl? It makes it so fences are magical objects that can not be broken through.
Using your vehicle is technically prop climb. You have to use the map.

Bad Santa

Server Administrator
It makes it so fences are magical objects that can not be broken through.
It's almost like they're made to prevent people from getting into somewhere.

Subs are absolutely worthless at the moment because you can't grow shrooms without being easily raided by someone jumping the fence. Expecting admins to baby sit subs to watch for people prop climbing isn't realistic. Admins most likely couldn't do anything until after the fact, after people have already lost their shrooms/weed/guns, etc.

Player clips over the fences at Subs would be nice. It would also be nice to do it at farms to and to add a gate at the entrances.

I'd say yes to this, would definitely make the subs a better place to grow, especially when we want to grow shrooms. Raiders should go through the gate or the house to gain access to the gardens.

Wouldn't people then just prop climb to shoot everyone over the fence instead?
I didn't state they're shootable through I asked.
Well that's against the rules anyway. Using the world to do that would be realistic however i.e. shooting at subs 4 from the hill.

Create the barriers. Admins have a large enough burden on their shoulders as is without having to babysit bases, nor do I trust some of them to properly handle a prop climbing situation if one were to arise.

Since I work at night, I typically only get to play in the early morning west coast hours when admins are almost never playing, so I support the playerclip and I'm sure admins would be behind it as well if it means they don't have to constantly deal with the same problem.

Wouldn't people then just prop climb to shoot everyone over the fence instead?
Theoretically they could, but the people that own the house would only need to put up a few props to shield themselves.

You would be able to shoot through it, yes.
From a logical standpoint, if you can't physically move through the barrier you shouldn't be able to shoot through it. Then you run into the same problem as before: people prop climbing to shoot through something that is meant to deny access.