The Re:sure erection plan

Discussion in 'General' started by Jon, May 12, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jon

Jon

1) Add a different method of punishment for rule breakers.
    We have low numbers as it is, at some points there are one too many bans!!!! Seriously guys don't wack your ban stick so easily, you have time to find out what happened, it's rare to find a reckless minge on the server yet some people are banned as though they just MASS rdm'd when they might've accidently CDM'd.
    What we need is something like "jailing" in effect. An empty lonely jail where they have to just give up everything they do for x minutes, staring at a wall, it is very effective. If they leave whilst jail it auto-bans them for a day, if they crash, RIP. The jail idea is to help maintain server numbers. Currently we're looking at 3-4 bans a day on a server which is already underpopulated, it's too high.

There are also a lot of PERM'd people. I think it'd be a potential idea to give all the citizen hack, or a certain selection of scrub, a second chance, if they mess up again they're gone, forever, but now they know they can't mess with Exiled I'm sure it'll be good to have them back. The hacks corrupt people, still can't believe my ban request on Ivef wasn't accepted though that was bullshit ;P

At Exiled we'd ban them for a month, some people would cheat again, others wouldn't.

2) Reduce the level of grind required for a car. A Mustang GT goes 75MPH, it costs 280k, that's a 105k markup for a car which is a tanky version of the corvette. Old exiled prices were perfect and reasonable. These prices take the absolute piss I haven't even bothered saving for another car because it requires an unreasonable amount of time which I'm not going to give to the server. We all have jobs, if we're going to game, it's got to be fun, not heavily staring at a wall listening to retards on OOC. Refund us the difference or don't if you change the price, I honestly couldn't care, I just want the server to have more people on it. PERP is PEOPLE, without PEOPLE perp sucks.

3) Keep unemployment checks gone, but calibrate that into the pricing of items too (the fact we don't get an extra 1.8k an hour is it? for me that'd of been 144k by now).

4) Potentially give new players an edge, being they can buy seeds and pots at selling price.

-It only works on one of their pots
    -You can trade them to other players, but they cannot use them.
    The reason to make them tradable but not usable is to firstly waste their time for trying to exploit and secondly I feel it'd be easier to code in.

OR, to simply avoid any loopholes, players who join get more starting cash ;)

You got the data to tailor the gamemode to the players surely now, you can see where players drop off, why they drop off, a % of how many people own cars. It's not about adding a new feature or any fancy bullshit. There is an underlying problem which is loosing the server players. :(

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  2. B3trayedyou

B3trayedyou

Do you really think hackers deserve a second chance? They literally came into the server trying to get an advantage over other players...Definitely don't unban hackers. Coming from someone who has a vac ban, they'll just do it again lol. They don't care.

Everything else seems reasonable, although I don't think new players should have an edge over anyone else...

3. Jon

Jon

It's just a game, if they want to cheat again they will and get banned ez.

I'd rather have the server full of hackers then empty anyway.

4. Zomg!

Zomg!

Home Page:
    In my opinion, absolutely not. Not that I'd know, but I'm assuming, if phantom detected Citizenhack, then that method of detection is likely patched now. I have no idea if phantom has a current working detection or not, so I'd not want to unleash that on the server if there is a chance we wont be able to tell if they have it working or not. All we'd know is that they once did and we could be uber suspicious.

5. Bad Santa

Bad Santa Server Administrator

I've been moving away from banning for things like nlr, cdm, etc if the two parties can work things out on their own (ie returning items lost by cdm or someone returning to a raid too soon, etc). I don't particularly like the jailing idea but I'm open to other ideas.

Jon likes this.
  6. Harley

Harley Server Administrator

If only there was more than one way to detect it :rolleyes: For real though, most of the people, if not all, that were banned for cheating are probably not inclined to come back playing legitimately. Not to mention they've probably already forgot about the server. If unbans were to happen, it'd be on a case by case basis. For example, Yuurei is never going to play here again with or without his AimWare. He doesn't know how to play a game without cheating, and that goes for most of the people who cheat in GMod.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous

Don't unban hackers, but seriously like what the fuck is up with cars? I haven't even bought a car because I've spent all my money on genes so I can make money to buy a car and I still can't make money because I need more genes.

It's like real life, gotta play exiled full time to buy a car in 1 year.

Jon likes this.
  8. Jon

Jon

Okay, I was aware they'd easily be caught again, but if you don't want to attempt to inflate numbers temporarily that's cool.

Cars are the main issue IMO.

9. B3trayedyou

B3trayedyou

It really doesn't take that long to get a car. Me and all my friends who play have nice cars with pretty much all ~2 days playtime. We also have max skill trees.

I think the cars are expensive so retards cant just race around / blaze through the city and cdm people. One of PERPS biggest problems is 12 year olds who have no respect for or even know how to follow the rules of the road and 'accidentally' kill people because they speed through doing 130 and can't stop.

I still think firmly what driving away players is minges who just keep coming back again and again and again... take this person for example(who is currently banned): https://www.exiledservers.net/bans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:136962776&Submit
    16 bans. 16
    Like I don't want to witch hunt people but goddamn. You'd think if he actually cared about the rules he'd obey them. From someone who used to be a total cunt/minge they comeback because they know they can get away with it. "What a 3 hour ban? I guess I'll just go to another server for a bit"

The second reason I think is the toxic community, which I guess because it's Garry's Mod so I can't really complain about that but, I've literally seen before one person on the server get so mad because he got raided by another player that he doxed said player and posted a picture of him w/ his name on 4chan in an attempt to get him harassed. Who does that? ps: He only got banned for one day.