Shotguns and Armor on police.

The relative weakness of cops becomes a moot point once VIP and SWAT is implemented. Armor on cops is a good idea (and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they have some armor already), but I don't think it's necessary to give them more firepower.

The relative weakness of cops becomes a moot point once VIP and SWAT is implemented. Armor on cops is a good idea (and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they have some armor already), but I don't think it's necessary to give them more firepower.
USP is a garbage pistol, and ak47 like 3 shot us, we're just civilians with a pistol

USP is a garbage pistol, and ak47 like 3 shot us, we're just civilians with a pistol
You have medics. You die, you get revived. Rinse and repeat. So far only a few have successfully beaten the cops completely.

Last edited:
The force of the police isn't the firepower. It's the medic/cop duo plus the fact that cops can call backup. As Chippy said, I rarely see a gang being able to sustain the police force indefinitely. of course, at first the gang will destroy the police force but as soon as a gang member dies, he's dead. If a police officer dies, he can be revive or called back. (While following the NLR)

Also, since the SWAT has been removed, we can only wait to see what rewarding system will take its place. Patience !

I think cops should start out with a USP as a "cadet", and after 12 hours or so of service, you are given a shotgun along with your sidearm, and 18 hours after, a M4 instead or along the shotgun and so on.

I think cops should start out with a USP as a "cadet", and after 12 hours or so of service, you are given a shotgun along with your sidearm, and 18 hours after, a M4 instead or along the shotgun and so on.
I don't think cops should ever have access to rifles through only time played, it would make them so op. Like I said in the cop overhaul thread there needs to be something in place to delegate the more powerful weapons to the police, they should have access to the more powerful options when its needed, not permanently.

I don't think cops should ever have access to rifles through only time played, it would make them so op. Like I said in the cop overhaul thread there needs to be something in place to delegate the more powerful weapons to the police, they should have access to the more powerful options when its needed, not permanently.
Perhaps a treasury system in the future, making use of the current vacant vault? Where the mayor can buy perks for the citizens and/or the government!

A tax system can be implemented in the future, whereas the money will be deposited in the bank vault (where it can ultimately by raided, yadda yadda). The taxes can be spent by the mayor to buy perks for either the citizens, perhaps double paychecks or cheaper prices on goods or perks for the government, perhaps better weaponry for police or faster vehicles for EMS/Fire Patrol for a certain time. With a economy system, you can branch off different sections of various roleplay possibilities, robbing the bank, mayorRP, economic roleplay, etc.

I think what he basically means, is that with all the taxes the mayor places on citizens, that tax money can be spent to better the government officials with better weaponry/armor.

I think it's something along the lines of:

Every citizen pays X amount of dollars in taxes, lets say $10. We have 50 people on the server 10*50=$500 in taxes the mayor can spend on equipment.

A shotgun costs $100 in taxes and the government can provide officials with 5 of them. I think the cost of a shotgun should be charged to the government everytime a cop dies and gets a new one on his new life.

Just my interpretation.

Phantom

Owner
I think what he basically means, is that with all the taxes the mayor places on citizens, that tax money can be spent to better the government officials with better weaponry/armor.

I think it's something along the lines of:

Every citizen pays X amount of dollars in taxes, lets say $10. We have 50 people on the server 10*50=$500 in taxes the mayor can spend on equipment.

A shotgun costs $100 in taxes and the government can provide officials with 5 of them. I think the cost of a shotgun should be charged to the government everytime a cop dies and gets a new one on his new life.

Just my interpretation.
OK, so going from this, and not reading anything on the OCRP because I'm lazy. I would imagine a system where as long as the mayor is in office, he can set and collect taxes from players. The mayor can then use the taxes on the government jobs to make their lives easier. What he could buy for firefighters and medics, I have no idea. But we could allow him to add weapons to the cop arsenal, if you will, and then let him decide how they are accessed.

Once the mayor is out of office, the upgrades disappear and the left over money from the taxes goes...in the vault? That part would need thought out.

OK, so going from this, and not reading anything on the OCRP because I'm lazy. I would imagine a system where as long as the mayor is in office, he can set and collect taxes from players. The mayor can then use the taxes on the government jobs to make their lives easier. What he could buy for firefighters and medics, I have no idea. But we could allow him to add weapons to the cop arsenal, if you will, and then let him decide how they are accessed.

Once the mayor is out of office, the upgrades disappear and the left over money from the taxes goes...in the vault? That part would need thought out.
That's a really cool idea.

As a suggestion for the left overs maybe a tax reimbursement to all players who paid into the tax, so for each player their reimbursement would be ((Amount paid in tax)/(Total paid in tax by all players))*(Remaining money when mayor is out of office). Did a formula as typing it out in words can be confusing.

perhaps something that would increase their stamina so they can run farther without stopping, better extinguisher, more hiring ability so that he can increase the ratio to allow more of a particular official. or override life alerts making all deaths broadcasted so that medics can respond to them regardless of if a citizen owns that item..

Harley

Server Administrator
No unemployment checks to derive taxes from. Won't be viable unless the checks are reinstated in someway, past the 12 hour limit. That would also mean the reintroduction of an AFK timer, or disabling of checks on AFK players. But the latter seems gimicky.

Last edited: