Raiding Balance Suggestions

Do you think these changes are good for balancing raiding in the gamemode?

• Total voters

Jova

Server Administrator
1. When a pot is used, the pot goes back to the owner's inventory if the owner isn't the player.
OR
Lower the price of pots.

2. When props are burned, they go back to the owner's inventory.
OR
Increase the burn time on all props.

3. Doors must be lockpicked a minimum of ~5+ times before the door can actually have a chance of being picked. (Credit to Clearshot)

4. Doors can only be picked every ~30 minutes.

5. Players with less than ~2-3 hours cannot be lockpicked into.

1. When a pot is used, the pot goes back to the owner's inventory if the owner isn't the player.
OR
Lower the price of pots.

OR

3. Doors must be lockpicked a minimum of ~5+ times before the door can actually have a chance of being picked. (Credit to Clearshot)

Just thinking about #2 I remember the playboy bunnies constantly raiding me and throwing mollies at my props just to be cunts.

I don't mean to stir anything up even though it clearly looks like I am just thought I would share my memories.

Last edited:
Numbers two and five are reasonable, provided you choose the "OR" option for two, though I think marginally reducing the price of props would be more effective than increasing burn time.

Four has potential, but 30 minutes may be too long. After all, you're making a profit on pots after a single harvest. Maybe 15 minutes?

I don't think one is too huge an issue. Replacing pots is only $1500 (or $1800 for V.I.P.). Not that big of a deal in the grand scheme. Unless you are very unlucky with your picks, you can replace all pots after a single successful grow.

Three is too extreme. Making it so that the very first pick never succeeds may work. It gives players an audible alert and thus time to get in defensive positions, not an option when you're god-picked.

Bad Santa

Server Administrator
I don't get why we haven't made it so new players can't be lockpicked yet. I hate all the others except for 2. I don't know that I really like the idea of it just sending props back into your inventory, but I do think something needs to be done about props getting lost to molotovs so often.

OR
Lower the price of pots.

OR

1) No, wtf? Pots are fine. If you raided you would literally get nothing. So no one raids? (YAYYY) Then you get rid of 1/2 of point of the game mode.
2) What? Why? Whats the point of money if you never lose it?
- I agree with possibly increasing burn time
3) What? No, wtf? Let me lockpick a door for a full minute before even having a chance of opening it
4) What? No, wtf? Not even fucking Hellzone has a 30 minutes raid timer (they have 15 minutes)
5) Yes

Last edited:
1) No, wtf? Pots are fine. If you raided you would literally get nothing. So no one raids? (YAYYY) Then you get rid of 1/2 of point of the game mode.
2) What? Why? Whats the point of money if you never lose it?
- I agree with possibly increasing burn time
3) What? No, wtf? Let me lockpick a door for a full minute before even having a chance of opening it
4) What? No, wtf? Not even fucking Hellzone has a 30 minutes raid timer (they have 15 minutes)
5) Yes
Pretty much agree with all of what Tricky said.. and I think the only reason why this wasn't moved to the Shit thread was because it was posted by an admin.

The only thing that would make it better is the increased burn time and not being able to pick new players. However, I feel like 2-3 hours is too short for them. Considering that the most they could possibly make in those 2 hours is $25k off growing weed. IF they are just that lucky when picking up the pots.

Phantom

Owner
Lock picking new players is probably not going to work out because what is to prevent us from letting a new player buy a house, and grow with him for X hours while we remain unraidable. Rinse and repeat.

If new income is the problem, then altering paychecks/unemployment is the way to solve it.

Lock picking new players is probably not going to work out because what is to prevent us from letting a new player buy a house, and grow with him for X hours while we remain unraidable. Rinse and repeat.

If new income is the problem, then altering paychecks/unemployment is the way to solve it.
maybe just some way of signalling that they are new may sway people away from raiding (or the opposite, idk)