Molotovs and AKs

I like the way the new skills/crafting system is balanced in a way that you can specalize in one weapon type / ammo / jack of all trades but one thing that really grinds my gears is the fact that you can craft AK47s and molotovs at the same time, while not being able to craft M4A1s and mollies. For that alone, the AK47 blows the M4A1 out of the water and I'm already seeing a skew to people using the AK over the M4.

What I think would fix this is a change to the skills needed to craft mollies so you can't craft it with the AK, or make it to where you can craft mollies (or an alternative to mollies) along with the ability to craft the M4.

Phantom

Owner
I'm watching the crafting system and seeing where people end up speccing before I make any changes to the trees. It's still pretty early on and only a handful of the actual player base is at the stage in the game where they can max skills.

But yes, I know that there are a few mixtures that need adjusted.

I don't feel like people should be able to craft an entire raiding supply and essentially be a 1 man army in terms of their loadout. I think it'd be a better idea for people to have to depend on org mates to supply them, or buy them from other people if they cant make something themselves.
I agree, I think having specs to craft different supplies and only supplies (lockpicks, mollys, etc) and specs to craft firearms/ammo would help to specialize roles, but that's just my opinion. AK/Molly spec is for sure OP atm especially with the majority of the playerbase still building itself up.

I don't feel like people should be able to craft an entire raiding supply and essentially be a 1 man army in terms of their loadout. I think it'd be a better idea for people to have to depend on org mates to supply them, or buy them from other people if they cant make something themselves.
This. Makes joining an org have purpose. Or helping spread around money to those that do not raid 99% of the time. For example, I plan on making propane tanks eventually (if college will stop kicking me in the dick). That means my source of guns is kinda limited, since 5 whole points are just gone. I do not plan on putting any points into dex or stam, so lock picks and car bombs are off the table, plus random props (like police barricades, I think). was thinking maybe putting some into crafting and some into str (for shotgun or m4). Can't make ammo, though. So I have to rely on shops (since I am not in an org) or random friends.

edit: or

Bad Santa

Server Administrator
I'm watching the crafting system and seeing where people end up speccing before I make any changes to the trees. It's still pretty early on and only a handful of the actual player base is at the stage in the game where they can max skills.

But yes, I know that there are a few mixtures that need adjusted.
How will these change be implemented? Will you set everyone's genomes to unselected?

Phantom

Owner
How will these change be implemented? Will you set everyone's genomes to unselected?
If I make any significant recipe changes then I will reset everyone's skill points so they can reassign them.

You guys are all talking about having to spec into certain trees for crafting. Is this something you like or don't like? I can't tell if you feel like you're boxed off.

If I make any significant recipe changes then I will reset everyone's skill points so they can reassign them.

You guys are all talking about having to spec into certain trees for crafting. Is this something you like or don't like? I can't tell if you feel like you're boxed off.
I personally like it, as it creates specialities and prevents people from being able to craft the important raid gear by themselves. Just as long as people aren't too limited in what they can craft, it could work.

I personally like it, as it creates specialities and prevents people from being able to craft the important raid gear by themselves. Just as long as people aren't too limited in what they can craft, it could work.
Agree with this exactly. It can be frustrating when you need...say ammo for a gun, and there is only shops with annoying high prices on. But I like that. Gives it more of a real life feels, since that is kinda how real life works. "Know a guy, but he out of town. Have to hire/buy this expensive service/product to replace him."

Bad Santa

Server Administrator

I like forcing people to have to buy things from others, but there's some things that are overly difficult to get (SMG ammo comes to mind, shotguns, etc).

Over time if we add more items I think it'll just get better, but for now it's just a tad clunky when it comes to a couple of items. It's worked as well as it has simply because of the higher player population.

I'd say make a poll whenever changes to crafting are about to come through the pipeline. Personally, I agree with what Frama and TheOnlyX are saying.