Idea for ded server

Discussion in 'Requests and Suggestions' started by Braindawg, Mar 4, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Braindawg

Braindawg

Growing shrooms is really risky but it's way more profit than weed, new players have to cower in a corner with their 5 pots and grind for hours to afford a crafting table but well armed better players could grow shrooms/weed and pick off raiders with ease.

Solution: change growing so players can grow a max amount of weed and shrooms combined, giving players the ability to grow either shrooms or weed en masse, or mix-match their growing to their own pleasure. Newer players could earn enough money to live while not attracting attention with a backyard full of shrooms.

Also the donator NPC still doesn't work pls fix

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Syff likes this.
  2. Piranha

Piranha

I'm pretty sure they gave up on this gamemode as soon as it died down. I don't know why they even bother to keep the servers running. I've contacted Slayer and Phantom and offered to license the gamemode (and consequently fix everything that was wrong with it) but they either totally ignored me or told me no thanks, they would rather let it die.

My advice as this point is to move on. Exiled is a dead community and the owners have lost the passion and ability to revive it.

Let's not forget 7 years ago they shut all of the servers down because they couldn't figure out how to mitigate a DDoS attack

3. Bad Santa

Bad Santa Server Administrator

At the same time Gmod 12 was due to come out and Sadistic was the sole owner left to correct the mess what was going to be made of the code. Shit was about to be fucked, yo.

DDos attacks were also much more dangerous back then as anti-ddos software has matured immensely since then.

4. Zomg!

Zomg!

Home Page:
    It's not really within their ability to mitigate a DDoS attack like that. Since Seth had the power to perform (at the time) a DDoS attack against spamhaus, and the largest DDoS at that time, that exiled didnt fucking stand a chance.

https://www.scmagazineuk.com/london-teen-hacker-sentenced-in-spamhaus-ddos-attacks/article/534365/

5. Braindawg

Braindawg

in what world did you think that would happen.

Who would win: 1 guy hosting a popular gmod server or someone who made several thousands of dollars from selling SethHack and DevNull?

(also what Zomg! said)

idk about passion but if Exiled can resurface and be twice as popular after years of down time, I don't see any reason why it couldn't happen again. Remember when vehicles broke and the server was down for like 8 months? and when it was back up nobody had cars for weeks? Everyone still came back then too.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for "We're Back! again..." or anything, but I also don't agree that exiled is dead and won't ever come back.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  6. Jova

Jova Server Administrator

soon™, kids. soon™.

i cant like my own post. heck

Zomg! likes this.