How to get a good player base

Discussion in 'General' started by xAdept, May 13, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. xAdept

xAdept

Some people have told me that ExiledServers.net used to be a very popular server and had a good player base of around 90/100 usually. It died out recently because of a couple problems; such as earning money. Well I'm here to give a couple of ideas to get your player base back in shape.

Money
    Getting money on the server is pretty difficult especially when you're just sitting in your base waiting 10 minutes for weed to grow. My idea for growing weed faster and more efficient is lower the time it grows to 5 minutes but lower the price SLIGHTLY, or keep the time at 10 minutes, making weed more PROFITIBLE instead of its usual selling price. More complex drug system. Ex: Meth lab, Cocaine, Heroine, etc.

Contact
    You want to contact as many people as possible when you need more players. Contacting your friends on Steam is the best way to get more people. Even if they don't join, they will consider joining at a later time if they get bored or just want to check it out. Also, feel free to give them a tour to start so they get interested in staying so that they're not on their own when you ask them to join. Try using different methods of contacting people that you know of.

Game Mode
    I know what you might be thinking, "This isn't a Dark RP server." At the moment, ExiledServers.net has a very low ranking because it doesn't have a good player base which means its at the bottom of the game mode list. My idea to get more people to join is by switching the game mode to Dark RP so that all of the servers people are scrolling through, they might get attracted to the name or that its a custom made server. Trust me, it could work.

Jobs
    I'll make this sweet and simple, add more jobs. Its Roleplay, I know the devs and/or owner is most likely busy updating the server to make it better but adding more jobs will benefit it greatly. Ideas for jobs: Tow Truck Driver and Taxi Driver. Those are also ways you can make money. Since cars are expensive with the money system nowadays, you can pay a Taxi Driver for cheap to bring you places and the Taxi Driver can earn money from it. Tow Truck Driver can earn money by towing vehicles that are in the middle of the street that are not supposed to be there. It keeps people interested that there are a wide variety of jobs.

Try considering these forms of getting a good player base as it might help you a lot! I might know since I've spoke with an Owner of another community and has a very high player base by doing these steps which he told me. [Not giving out name which might be leeching] If you have any ideas, feel free to comment down below. I'm open to read anyone's opinions and will not take offense of it.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  2. Void

Void

I dont think putting the server in DarkRP listings is a good way to get players, there is probably a better way of getting higher up on the serverlist

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  3. El Jameo

El Jameo Sack of Shit Server Administrator

Full time cunt
    You're adorable.

4. xAdept

xAdept

We can add bots :/

5. sin

sin

Weed growth time is currently 15 minutes not 10. I think reducing the growth time to 5 mins would be way too much considering you're not even lowering the price that much, weed growth needs to be long enough so raiders can find people who are growing and raid them, i think lowering the time to this amount would pretty much kill raiding.

6. xAdept

xAdept

Oh, I thought it was 10. Lowering it to 10 minutes would be acceptable though right?

7. Bad Santa

Bad Santa Server Administrator

We have too much pride for that here.

Syff and Syle like this.
  8. Trickyyyxx

Trickyyyxx

31 players on right now

Must be bots