Gmod racer

It's not broken on the current engine, the gamemode is just incredibly broken from gmod updates over the years. Orange Cosmos I think had a version of it working really well a little while ago since GM13 but I have no idea what ever happened to that server/community.

It's not broken on the current engine, the gamemode is just incredibly broken from gmod updates over the years. Orange Cosmos I think had a version of it working really well a little while ago since GM13 but I have no idea what ever happened to that server/community.
The gamemode was pretty broken before the community died. They stopped updating it quickly after it came up.

Last edited:
I have sadly never play gmod racer.

I'm guessing you build your own car out of props and race it?

Yeah I had membership on that one as well, however the upgrades were different and restricted compared to exiled servers.
None of that would be difficult to fix, I'm positive anyone could go back through the gamemode and change stuff like that. If I recall they may have even fixed the CalcView cam pos hook from the jeep customization menu, that's something I never even bothered to do on mine after it broke in like 2010. I remember someone sending me an invite to it and being impressed seemed to be 100% working. I think the community disappeared again a week or two later or even possibly only existed to put up that server.

Nah that's like Sledbuild, we had one of those for a while.

Gmod Racer was a jeep racing, time trial/checkpoint/deathmatch gamemode made by hunts who also made Pulsar Effect/PERP. Basically you bought upgrades and weapons for your jeep such as turbo, engine and brake upgrades. It was a gamemode built around people leveling up above other people and only functioned with a dedicated player base with a broad skew of upgrades. Unfortunately few people are interested in gamemodes like this anymore and there's no where near enough players in this game to keep it running like it once did.

It was really cool and exemplified what Gmod used to be about.