Exiled is staying this time

Discussion in 'General' started by 2Pac, Mar 19, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Derillion!#p4t

Derillion!#p4t

Along those lines for sure, but with that specific idea you run the risk of being too similar to other game modes (i.e. Gangwars). Something similar, but still unique will have to be thought up if players are expected to stick around.

That was intended as constructive criticism. No need to get defensive.

2. El Jameo

El Jameo Sack of Shit Server Administrator

Full time cunt
    You're criticising issues where you already know the solution. That's not criticism, that's complaining in an "are we there yet" fashion. The gamemode is pretty bland right now. We know. We won't be making a huge deal of it until we think it's at a much higher level of quality and quantity. You'll see it soon enough.

(And reading it over again I can see how it may seem defensive but I decided to remove the smiley face at the last minute so no harm intended)

3. Derillion!#p4t

Derillion!#p4t

Interpreting emotion behind text is next to impossible. We never sound as cordial as we would like, lol.

Anyway, as you said, the game mode is bland. That's the issue. I don't know the solution though. There are countless ways of enhancing game play to a state that will keep players around, but finding the best way is ultimately up to you developers.

You say that you won't be making a huge deal of the blandness until you think "it is at a much higher level of quality and quantity". What does "it" refer to in that statement? The game mode as it exists now? I understand wanting to optimize current aspects of the game before adding more, but how do you intend to achieve a "higher level of quantity" (assuming that means player base) without first addressing the blandness issue?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  4. El Jameo

El Jameo Sack of Shit Server Administrator

Full time cunt
    "It" being the current state of the gamemode, and we are addressing the blandness issue but we've got tuning to do and bugs to fix before we can build further. You can't make taller buildings based on unstable foundations, there's the quick way to do it or the right way to do it. At least with the latter people know it'll be better in the long run.

AKA: We're not adding stuff until the current stuff runs well. That shouldn't be far off I hope.

Harley likes this.
  5. Derillion!#p4t

Derillion!#p4t

Trying to optimize before adding more features. I'm tracking.

You didn't address how you intend to achieve a "higher level of quantity" before adding more features, though. Or was it just a hope that player count would rise as stability increases?

6. Syle

Syle

Speaking from personal experience in server ownership i can tell you 30-40 people daily is definitely not "dead". The lowest i have seen the rp go is about 8-15 people on at 2:00 am. Thats still pretty good considering it was a Tuesday night and every player who has a real life job or school isnt going to be gmodding at that hour anyway.

Something you have to understand is there are peaks and troughs when it comes to servers. People come and go due to one reason or another. Usually due to IRL commitments. School schedules also line up nicely with increased population. That first week of 60+ players during spring break at all times was indeed fantastic, but the initial hype had to wear off at some point. Also keep in mind everyone at that point was AFKing for welfare, boosting server numbers

Now that the hype has died down a bit, the devs are tasked with adding content to sustain interest. I think we have a solid player base and if we want it to grow, we should welcome any and all that first join and show them how to play.

The content will come in time, I dont think we need to worry to much about shortage of ideas. Some of the suggestions i see posted here and the road map that i have heard about all sounds good. Its a matter of picking and choosing features, it is not limited by technical skill. Nearly endless things are possible in this type of gamemode. It all depends how many hours the devs are willing to spend too.

Also wtf are you talking about jacking off admins? you listed 3 of the 5 actual daily "administrators" as "fine". Are you talking about the owners jacking eachother off? or the developers who spend countless hours coding this shit? are you implying that DGR, Hero of time, Jova, Phantom, Sadistic, X1L3D, and clearshot are all SHIT admins?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Windchill_^ and Harley like this.
  7. 2Pac

2Pac

2pac
    If i remember correctly back in the old Exiled, Monday thru Thursday was steady population on the server 35-40 people then on Friday-Saturday-Sunday it was up in the 60s.

8. Harley

Harley Server Administrator

Pretty sure Exiled had a 60 cap with 10? Extra VIP hidden slots. Arean had 60 as well. People are getting spoiled with the 100 cap and how many people we had at launch for a week. I agree the server deserves a larger player base, but the server and game mode has a lot to go before we can question why we don't have it.

Windchill_^, Syle and 2Pac like this.
  9. BigSmeag

BigSmeag

What you don't seem to realize is with no afk kicker, around 10~ or so of the population of the server is afk. Also with lots of people standing around nexus/shops fucking around they don't contribute to game play either. With the ups/downs with server population of the weekdays I accounted for that when I said to use game tracker 30 day player graph. Its declining and fast, and it will keep dropping faster and faster with the lack of players. No-one wants to play perp with 10 other people.

When you say the devs spend "countless hours coding this shit" what you fail to understand is it took them 4 years to get this far. Now before I go on I have the up most respect for jameo, clear, phantom and slayer. With that being said they did not come up with perp, most of it is just rehashed from 4 years ago with granted huge performance increases. It does not take 4 years to "create" this. It went months untouched, I doubt it would have ever been "finished" without people constantly harassing phantom to finish it. You are part of the problem putting owners/devs on a
    pedestal. They did not HAVE to make perp, but communities run the best when people are held accountable to their actions. As far as I understand from phantom's point of view he is here to make money, having little to no decent admin staff is a great way to kill a server. (as it is happening now)
    If you want further detail and evidence why I dislike each of the admins I did not have listed I will gladly honor your request. However I do not think smearing the admins publicly anymore than I already am is a good idea.

10. Phantom

Phantom Owner

Well this is rather warped...

It took us 4 years, 9000+ edits, 200k lines of code written, more money than I will make back in 2 years of the server running, and a whole shit load of free time between school and work for 2 people to get this far. Not one line in those 200,000+ lines written are identical to anything in the previous gamemode. Just because we know what we want doesn't mean we can develop it faster.

To say that I am in it for the money, when I am charging $3 for VIP when the standard rate is well over $10 is asinine. I have paid for this server out of pocket for 4 years with Clearshot. Every minute we didn't spend writing code, we paid for in some way or another. So yes, I do formally apologize for taking time off to do things that I wanted to do during the down time. Working on the same project for years, it is easy to get burned out. If I wanted something to churn cash, we would have released in two weeks, like I had originally said. I would like to think that I made the right choice.

Rather than screaming into the empty night about admins being awful, and failing to back up what you are saying, why don't you PM me, Sadistic, or Clearshot with whatever evidence, proof, complaints you may have, and we can take care of it.

And for being one of the most active players through the dev process, why not try to offer suggestions on how to fix the issues you see rather than being that guy who just says "it's broken"?

Syff, Jon and Windchill_^ like this.
  11. BigSmeag

BigSmeag

I gave you and slayy countless suggestions on how to make it better/more complete throughout the years. Some where implemented some where not. Even now some of the change logs/rule changes are purley from my suggestions.

I tried talking to clearshot. He does not seem to want to get involved with anything non-dev related. Also sent slayer a lengthy steam message a few days ago with no reply. Seems the only way to get a response out of you guys is to publicly scream on the forums.

The money regard I got from a conversation we had a little while ago while I was saying you should charge more for VIP, you said you want 1000 people to collectively give you 3k a month. Your paragraph makes it sound like you spent 40 hours a week 52 weeks a year deving perp. We both know that is far from the case. But this is not the point I was trying to bring up, if your not in it for the money, or the community with the general consensus being that the admins are subpar. Why did you spend so long developing the game? Was it for the nostalgia? Now that it has warn off what do we do now?

12. Phantom

Phantom Owner

I developed it for the sake of developing something that was better than anything else. If the money stopped rolling in just after enough to pay the server bills, then I would be just OK with that. My paragraph did a pretty good job at explaining what we did for 52 weeks out of a year.

Windchill_^ likes this.
  13. Harley

Harley Server Administrator

All this time Phantom's plan was to graduate college and forego his degree's specialty to make 100k+ from PERP.

And you keep complaining about admins being subpar. The only admins you left in the conversation are, including owners: Clearshot, Phantom, Sadistic Slayer, X1L3D, Hero of Time, Jova, DGRJ.
    Let's cut out X1L3D considering he hasn't been active. Let's also remove Hero of Time because he's played the server a couple of times at most. This leaves us with Clearshot, Phantom, Sadistic Slayer, Jova, and DGRJ.

Let's also remove the owners because the last thing they need to be dealing with is admin duties. Anytime they're on, another admin is as well. They don't need to do the bitch work. Either way, they do a plenty fine job of doing it themselves when it's needed. This leave us with Jova and DGRJ, our two "subpar" and "jerk off" admins. DGRJ is 90% of the time spectating and watching the server and players. He has 35 bans, this is above nosaj, Jova, El Jameo, and X74 respectively. DG is more active in his duties than others considering his time spent in the server.

This brings us to Jova, the admin who has a decent amount of time on the server, and only 19 bans. Jova was never a die-hard PERP player, and is considerably newer to PERP than the rest of the lineup. He enjoys playing the game mode. He is way more lenient with his punishments. Jova and Jameo have similar ideals when it comes to administration. Claiming he is a "jerk off" and "subpar" is totally unfounded.

Glad your huge rant about admins you've seem to have spewed out from your keyboard is on the backs of two administrators. Reading the rest of your statements leaves to me think you don't really put too much thought into anything.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  14. Trickyyyxx

Trickyyyxx

Hello my fellow gentlesirs,

my deepest apologies if my English is not fully articulate, as it is not my native tongue. I can understand your frustrations with the current status with the game, but as it was said before

"perp ded"

I personally believe we should hire one of Buzzfeed's many great writers to develop a narrative of exiled gaming, and to cordially rename the server as

"HolocaustRP_Not_Perp_Killslick_Sucks_Eggs"

Until then, i fear the worst brethren

15. Ryan Lean

Ryan Lean