Be able to be executed after being downed

As the title says, you should be able to be actually killed when knocked unconscious.

I don't see a reason why shouldn't be able to actually die, especially when it gives an innate advantage to gov't officials. When someone is resisting the police can just spray them down with no chance of finishing them to get the easy arrest, it should be an actual risk firing at the suspect imo. It to also makes trying to assassinate the mayor more difficult not being able to actually finish him off, so you either babysit his body until he actually dies or he just gets revived. Just my .02 let me know what you think.

I think it should stay how it is. I can see org mates abusing this to their advantage, keeping legitimate arrests away from the police by shooting their friends after they have fallen during a raid. Kind of a big "fuck you" to roleplaying in any situation tbh..

This would help make the game a lot more fair and make death have a bit more weight and dying a lot worse than you shoot someone and the nearest medic revives them which could make a raid last forever or something in that manner.

I guess this is a true RP killer in some scenarios. But I think it would be usefull. You have my support.

I think it should stay how it is. I can see org mates abusing this to their advantage, keeping legitimate arrests away from the police by shooting their friends after they have fallen during a raid. Kind of a big "fuck you" to roleplaying in any situation tbh..
This does have some merit to it but i dont think it carries more weight than the reasoning in my aforementioned post. Of course it can be used to avoid arrests but I dont think it ruins any roleplaying aspect. Like a cop and three of his buddies sprays a suspect down and swing some cuffs at his ragdolled body at the end of the raid if they manage to win, not much rp to begin with. I think they're more concerned with the contraband or anything that can actually earn some money since most likely only the owner of the property is warranted. Imo it inhibits more rp situations than it helps.

Phantom

Owner
I don't have any plans to bring back finishing off. If anything I would create more incentive for making alive arrests.

Something like $100-200 for a dead warranted arrest, $1000 for a live warranted arrest. But you would also need a way for cops to make an arrest other than a) shooting the guy down, b) chasing him around for 30 minutes because he is running away. That points to a "taser" type of weapon, and I really don't want to go down that road.

I don't have any plans to bring back finishing off. If anything I would create more incentive for making alive arrests.

Something like $100-200 for a dead warranted arrest, $1000 for a live warranted arrest. But you would also need a way for cops to make an arrest other than a) shooting the guy down, b) chasing him around for 30 minutes because he is running away. That points to a "taser" type of weapon, and I really don't want to go down that road.
just curious, whats the reason to steer away from a taser like weapon?

Phantom

Owner
just curious, whats the reason to steer away from a taser like weapon?
I've never really been a fan, but the more I think about it the more realistic it becomes. I just don't know how to make it "functional". Like the ammo would have to be super limited.

I've never really been a fan, but the more I think about it the more realistic it becomes. I just don't know how to make it "functional". Like the ammo would have to be super limited.
That and a limited range i suppose.

Maybe something like pepper spray instead? I guess everyone's biggest gripe is actually catching people or arresting them when you(the cop) approach. If it's made easier in some way, I'm sure people wouldn't exactly care how it'd be done.

Phantom

Owner
That and a limited range i suppose.

Maybe something like pepper spray instead? I guess everyone's biggest gripe is actually catching people or arresting them when you(the cop) approach. If it's made easier in some way, I'm sure people wouldn't exactly care how it'd be done.
Well that's the trick. Why use the taser when you can shoot him in the leg with a gun? There has to be a way to force the decision.

El Jameo

Sack of Shit
Server Administrator
Is it possible to disable just the police crippling legs? The taser can then be used to slow them down for a few seconds or something.

Bad Santa

Server Administrator
Is it possible to disable just the police crippling legs? The taser can then be used to slow them down for a few seconds or something.
Yeah that's my idea. I really don't like police going for leg shots to chase down a suspect because a) it's not realistic and b) it's an unnecessary use of lethal force.

I'm thinking of something sort of like this:

So that it has a small range so you don't have to be within a foot to stun them (like with a standard tazer) but not a long enough range that you can snipe stun someone from across the map. And instead of knocking the person unconscious (like shitty darkrp servers do), just have it slow them considerably and disorient their vision for a few seconds.