Have you noticed this as well?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Phantom

Owner
So as long as it's a realistic request in roleplay (i.e. get off the roof of the bank, get off that person's vehicle), you can arrest for it, that being on the basis they refuse to cooperate?
I mean, I suppose it is pretty reasonable that he RP'ed it as a suicide. He's standing on the edge, gave no reason for being there. He could have very easily said, "I'm fixing the AC", "This is my property", etc. But the way it went down, this was perfectly OK.

If he had some legitimate reason he was trying to convince the cop with and the cop was still being a bother, then I wouldn't be so accepting of it.

To answer your examples directly, yes. As long as the RP is legitimate, cops can ask people to do those things. Now if the person owns the property then, use your better judgement. Just don't be that guy that ruins everyone elses fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon
I remember I used to play the hell out of this server back in it's golden days, but there were always those minges who kept ruining the fun for others. Although I have only played an hour on this brand new server, I still haven't noticed any minges, but that might be because there has been around four players online at the time.

I remember I used to play the hell out of this server back in it's golden days, but there were always those minges who kept ruining the fun for others. Although I have only played an hour on this brand new server, I still haven't noticed any minges, but that might be because there has been around four players online at the time.
Well that is the reason

El Jameo

Sack of Shit
Server Administrator
Jesus Christ Bad Santa you aim a shotgun at a bunch of civilians and lie on OOC claiming you didn't (In video)....
To be fair this did happen and I missed it out for some corrupt reason...

And @El Jameo that was not an accidental pull. P.s. Being "lazy" is a boring excuse to not do your job which is enforcing the law. Boo to you buddy boo to you.
You know it's not accidental? That's incredible, I wish I had the power to know what goes on behind other people's monitors.

Also, I never claimed what the guy did was wrong, just that I wouldn't have done it. Shit man, fuck me for not stroking my almighty cop dick on a lite RP server and rather simply asking them to put it away, it's better to be super anal about it. Either way you want it is fine in my eyes, but in similar situations when people pull out AK's in the street in front of me when I'm a copper, I know it's bants. Don't act all superior and get itchy to use those handcuffs. You could, and you wouldn't be doing anything wrong, but it just goes to show that you're that "NO JOKES ALLOWED" kinda guy. Those guys aren't fun to play around.

If we had another server with more RPish rules, I'd have a different stance.

Penguin they didn't show what happened with the weed scenario.
Goes back to my point about not editing videos.

My bad for editing the video in between - all that happened in between is we discussed which one of us we wanted to vote mayor, but please note this isn't the full video I would have liked to have. I've said many times that I don't have the full story and this video is a portion of the shit Bad Santa pulled. Later he manipulated the story dramatically making me sound like I just straight harassed him and had no business doing anything. Also, I think a civilian pulling a heavy weapon on a crowd is a much bigger problem than some stoner showing off his plant but if you think differently then you should never be a cop. Ever. I don't care if it's an accident, he just accidentally made himself a threat to the public by pulling that shotgun.
You should post what you would've liked to have had then, not "oh this is all I could muster". If you're not able to post the full video with context before and after without editing in-between (which by the way is hella easier because it's less work), but are able to make loads of fancy little edits and reducing it down to a 1:30 video then I dunno bud. Sorry if you ever feel like I'm not just going to question your side of the story. Oh, and once again with what I said earlier about being anal with people briefly flashing guns in public.

Another point I made is that holding a gun out in public is a danger especially in crowds. Doesn't matter what your intent is, I can't read your mind because I'm not God.
To be fair Jon can.

That's why in the video I showed that Sadistic even said if something's a danger to the public we can step in and do our thing as police officers.

MY MAIN POINT isn't shown in this video. I asked for chat logs so I could put together the video WAY better than shown, because I'm not gonna lie this video is pretty dog shit. That being said, it doesn't mean that Bad Santa did NOTHING wrong. He lied in a way that would make what me and my fellow officers did RDM, which we did not. If we really RDMed he would've done something about it, but Bad Santa knew he was in the wrong and didn't. Instead he twisted the story in his favor and then said if we kept on defending ourselves we'd be kicked. Again, only chat logs will show.
This makes me want to put forward a case for server chat logs to be freely accessible by anyone in an easy format to view. The more info that's freely available to everyone the better (to an extent. No SQL database for anyone).

Santa was on the roof, cop RP'd it as a suicide telling him to get down or get arrested essentially.
This is fine, it was roleplayed well, and proper warning was given had there been an arrest.
Santa got down, and ran around building. Had a shotgun equipped at some time, flashed it in public, cops saw it.
Illegal. Pistols and shotguns are legal weapons to have in your home/property. Not to open carry in public.
I mean, I suppose it is pretty reasonable that he RP'ed it as a suicide. He's standing on the edge, gave no reason for being there. He could have very easily said, "I'm fixing the AC", "This is my property", etc. But the way it went down, this was perfectly OK.
1) People stand on the edges of roofs all the time. I assume anyone standing on their own properties roof can be arrested then for "attempting suicide"? Although Santa didn't say anything that was audible in the video stating that he wasn't going to jump or some shit, he's allowed to be there if it's his property; Right up to the edge. The RP was still good though, but had the audio been there I would have higher confidence on my stance.

Oh and the height he was at probably wouldn't have even caused him any damaged had he dropped down lol

2) I feel like this should be clarified in the rules.

The remaining points I agree with.

---

THAT ALL BEING SAID: With the chat logs being posted, Santa this is some sketchy shit man with the whole "I didn't pull out nuttin" bullshit. You clearly did and when trust is already pretty tense between staff and the player base this doesn't help. da fuk mang

tl;dr: Santa did some dumb shit and should be held accountable but everyone's blowing this way out of proportion (irony considering this post rite).

Phantom

Owner
So after a long personal deliberation and consulting with the Lord, I have come to the conclusion that Bad Santa shall ban himself for 3 days, starting today. This will ban him for the weekend, and it longer than it needs to be, so that should cover the excessive banning on the first issue with the Mayor/Cop shit.

Then to top of your punishment sundae, this is an official last warning about the shitty behavior as an admin, calling people niggers, lying, and trying to cover your ass for doing something wrong. Anything further will result in one less admin from the community. I will draw admin names out of a hat at random, but I will only put Bad Santa's name on the paper...

Have a blessed day!

So after a long personal deliberation and consulting with the Lord, I have come to the conclusion that Bad Santa shall ban himself for 3 days, starting today. This will ban him for the weekend, and it longer than it needs to be, so that should cover the excessive banning on the first issue with the Mayor/Cop shit.

Then to top of your punishment sundae, this is an official last warning about the shitty behavior as an admin, calling people niggers, lying, and trying to cover your ass for doing something wrong. Anything further will result in one less admin from the community. I will draw admin names out of a hat at random, but I will only put Bad Santa's name on the paper...

Have a blessed day!
Will you take evidence from past experiences? I have 2 clips of bad santa having the IQ of a small gerbil.

Bad Santa

Server Administrator

Have a blessed day!
Ban is added.

To be fair this did happen and I missed it out for some corrupt reason...

You know it's not accidental? That's incredible, I wish I had the power to know what goes on behind other people's monitors.

Also, I never claimed what the guy did was wrong, just that I wouldn't have done it. Shit man, fuck me for not stroking my almighty cop dick on a lite RP server and rather simply asking them to put it away, it's better to be super anal about it. Either way you want it is fine in my eyes, but in similar situations when people pull out AK's in the street in front of me when I'm a copper, I know it's bants. Don't act all superior and get itchy to use those handcuffs. You could, and you wouldn't be doing anything wrong, but it just goes to show that you're that "NO JOKES ALLOWED" kinda guy. Those guys aren't fun to play around.

If we had another server with more RPish rules, I'd have a different stance.
It's more about not having a shit storm of people with ak47s out in public or encouraging it, enforcing the law is important. Then again you're a very passive player so in instances someone gets an ak out on you, that is a joke. The fact your passive hugely effects the way you play.

With respect to bad Santa:
You can tell by the way he moved, he clearly pulled it out intention as he aimed it at a bunch of other civilians whilst still actively moving.
Also there's the fact if it was accidental he'd of put it away a lot faster. He already had it equipped also meaning he had an intention with it. Usually people don't aimlessly walk around with guns unless they're a candy ass weed farmer where loosing 4k casually is nothing.
My point of it not being accidental is further topped off by the fact his excuse when caught wasn't immediately him stating it was an accident. Usually if people say it is to me and it clearly was I let them off.

Would you like further analysis?
I didn't know my analytical ability was so strong it looked like mind reading to you Jameo.

Last edited:

El Jameo

Sack of Shit
Server Administrator
It's more about not having a shit storm of people with ak47s out in public or encouraging it, enforcing the law is important. Then again you're a very passive player so in instances someone gets an ak out on you, that is a joke. The fact your passive hugely effects the way you play.
Whilst I am a very passive player, but there's a very clear difference between someone pointing an AK at you for a laugh and someone who's going to RDM you. Chances are, it's highly going to be the former and if it's the latter you can't do much about it at that instance. Santa did neither but he probably wouldn't do the latter (surely he wouldn't prove me wrong) and he didn't hurt anybody so really the in-game "law" stands loose. Take it as you please, but are you going to cause more trouble than it's worth just to play your fake job? It's a lite server man, everything doesn't have to be taken seriously. It did bring to light a staff member lying so yeah that goes against me but ugh don't be tight af.

Also encouraging mass AK47 holding in public? lmao who fucking does that.

With respect to bad Santa:
You can tell by the way he moved, he clearly pulled it with an intention to aim it at a bunch of other civilians whilst still actively moving.
"by the way he moved"

Yeah because GMod's animations are so reflective of our anatomic movement, they're impervious to questions regarding their realism. Silly me for being such a fucknugget. I'll try to read players body language much better next time.

But seriously, he pointed at a few people. I'm not seeing the big deal? Yeah no doubt it's still totally cool for the cops to question him for doing so but are you going to use the excuse of player movement to justify their intentions? If people start darting left to right on the street, are they getting ready to mow you down? Assuming these things ends up making you more of a nuisance rather than an addition to gameplay.

Often players playing cops have their guns out pointing them at everyone. Wouldn't we question them too or are all cops allowed to be on edge most of the time? Can't risking some civi doing the same thing...

Also there's the fact if it was accidental he'd of put it away a lot faster. He already had it equipped also meaning he had an intention with it. Usually people don't aimlessly walk around with guns unless they're a candy ass weed farmer where loosing 4k casually is nothing. My point of it not being accidental is further topped off by the fact his excuse when caught wasn't immediately him stating it was an accident. Usually if people say it is to me and it clearly was I let them off.
True in all fairness.

Would you like further analysis?
If you had anything more analytically worthwhile then you could've posted it with your original response but I'll bite: Please.

I didn't know my analytical ability was so strong it looked like mind reading to you Jameo.
Trying to justify in game movements so you can pin whatever excuse is in your head (righteous or not) as intent behind a player is not analytical, it's plain guesswork. Don't make assumptions and act like that what's going to happen. Bans (for example) should be based on what happens, not what "might" happen.

You're right in that cops have to uphold the law and all as it's part of the bloody game but at some point you have to ask yourself if people messing around in said game, not impeding anyone else's fun, is less important than using the rules to make yourself a part of something that could affect someone else's enjoyment (that's situational by the way). That's something that I've gathered from all this. People should be more aware of that when making decisions rather than just applying themselves wherever possible just to start shit.

---

I'm aware my argument sounds like it's resting on the idea of "oh but the way I would have (or wouldn't, however you wish) handled this is much better", but it's not. I don't want to be a prick in game because it pushes people away from me and the server; The little things add up. When people try to act out some superiority complex or whatever to justify their actions on the pettiest of shit it just makes me prone to avoid that person more than if they were to just chill every once in a while. So chill! Maybe bantering with that guy holding the weed would've been more fun (then taking it soon after).

/reeee

Whilst I am a very passive player, but there's a very clear difference between someone pointing an AK at you for a laugh and someone who's going to RDM you. Chances are, it's highly going to be the former and if it's the latter you can't do much about it at that instance. Santa did neither but he probably wouldn't do the latter (surely he wouldn't prove me wrong) and he didn't hurt anybody so really the in-game "law" stands loose. Take it as you please, but are you going to cause more trouble than it's worth just to play your fake job? It's a lite server man, everything doesn't have to be taken seriously. It did bring to light a staff member lying so yeah that goes against me but ugh don't be tight af.

Also encouraging mass AK47 holding in public? lmao who fucking does that.
I wonder how many people you've actually killed as a cop vs playtime? I genuinely think you're so passive it distorts your view on everything.
If someone has a gun out in public, accident or not, you go after them, it's the server rules, not doing so is Fail RP and corrupt.
SELECT sum(timeplayed), sum(kills), sum(death), sum(case when deathlog LIKE %ak47% AND playerclass='Police' then 1 else 0 end) 'deaths by ak47' FROM serverlogs SL
inner join (SELECT playerID, killlog, kills, death FROM killlogs WHERE playername='El Jameo' and playerclass='police') KL on SL.playerID=kl.playerID

Results:
2000hrs, 0 kills, 20000 deaths, 20000 deaths by ak47

Huehue guys it's just banter.
"by the way he moved"

Yeah because GMod's animations are so reflective of our anatomic movement, they're impervious to questions regarding their realism. Silly me for being such a fucknugget. I'll try to read players body language much better next time.

But seriously, he pointed at a few people. I'm not seeing the big deal? Yeah no doubt it's still totally cool for the cops to question him for doing so but are you going to use the excuse of player movement to justify their intentions? If people start darting left to right on the street, are they getting ready to mow you down? Assuming these things ends up making you more of a nuisance rather than an addition to gameplay.

Often players playing cops have their guns out pointing them at everyone. Wouldn't we question them too or are all cops allowed to be on edge most of the time? Can't risking some civi doing the same thing...
I don't understand your point, if someone explicitly breaks the law they're under arrest, I won't assume a player has weed because they're waiting for me to leave the building before opening there door. I always act on explicit proof. If there's a case like this where it could've been an accident, it's up to me to judge as he has broken a law so I can do what I want as I'm not responsible for his actions especially on a game.

So you're telling me him whipping out a Shotgun, actively aiming it, whilst actively moving is an accident? At the end of the day there are circumstances where that can be an accident, I agree, like Bad Santa just rolling his huge dick across his keyboard. I'm sure he got VERY lucky and the combination of keys hit produced the act which is 'too complex to be an accident and has an unbelievably low probability of being an accident'.
Obviously there is always legitimately a low probability of him "taking out his gun" and producing these movements being an accident, but let's not be a fool here and claim it was you'd be arguing for the 0.00001% case scenario.

There are different situations where I can spot it is an accident. But this isn't one of them.
Well no you can't risk civi's doing the same thing as it's the way the game is played.
If you want a social club go play second life.

Trying to justify in game movements so you can pin whatever excuse is in your head (righteous or not) as intent behind a player is not analytical, it's plain guesswork. Don't make assumptions and act like that what's going to happen. Bans (for example) should be based on what happens, not what "might" happen.
Yes, and in this situation Bad Santa pulled a gun, anything and everything else doesn't matter.

What do you mean Jameo? He violated the law, intentional or not doesn't matter.

I'm aware my argument sounds like it's resting on the idea of "oh but the way I would have (or wouldn't, however you wish) handled this is much better", but it's not. I don't want to be a prick in game because it pushes people away from me and the server; The little things add up. When people try to act out some superiority complex or whatever to justify their actions on the pettiest of shit it just makes me prone to avoid that person more than if they were to just chill every once in a while. So chill! Maybe bantering with that guy holding the weed would've been more fun (then taking it soon after).

/reeee
I just enjoy being a cop.

Last edited:

El Jameo

Sack of Shit
Server Administrator
I wonder how many people you've actually killed as a cop vs playtime? I genuinely think you're so passive it distorts your view on everything.
Not many, because of my shitty internet lol, but I do. Ask Harley, I tried (really tried) to kill him yesterday. Twice. Also there was a guy with weed in his name and tried to shoot at him because he shot another copper. I have a high level of tolerance but I still have a line (higher than others) but it's not as bad as you portray.

If someone has a gun out in public, accident or not, you go after them, it's the server rules, not doing so is Fail RP and corrupt.
You seem like the guy who would ask his mates for the 20p/15c they still owe you. No lenience.

SELECT sum(timeplayed), sum(kills), sum(death), sum(case when deathlog LIKE %ak47% AND playerclass='Police' then 1 else 0 end) 'deaths by ak47' FROM serverlogs SL
inner join (SELECT playerID, killlog, kills, death FROM killlogs WHERE playername='El Jameo' and playerclass='police') KL on SL.playerID=kl.playerID

Results:

lol okay

I don't understand your point, if someone explicitly breaks the law they're under arrest, I won't assume a player has weed because they're waiting for me to leave the building before opening there door. I always act on explicit proof. If there's a case like this where it could've been an accident, it's up to me to judge as he has broken a law so I can do what I want as I'm not responsible for his actions especially on a game.
Correct.

So you're telling me him whipping out a Shotgun, actively aiming it, whilst actively moving is an accident?
At the end of the day there are circumstances where that can be an accident, I agree, like Bad Santa just rolling his huge dick across his keyboard. I'm sure he got VERY lucky and the combination of keys hit produced the act which is 'too complex to be an accident and has an unbelievably low probability of being an accident'.
Obviously there is always legitimately a low probability of him "taking out his gun" and producing these movements being an accident, but let's not be a fool here and claim it was you'd be arguing for the 0.00001% case scenario.
I stated in my previous post that I retracted my stance on that.

There are different situations where I can spot it is an accident. But this isn't one of them.
Well no you can't risk civi's doing the same thing as it's the way the game is played.
Great. It's good to know you're amongst the paranoid who feel like everyone is out to kill you. Believe it or not, they aren't because that's not how the game is played.

Also, if you ever came across me in the old Exiled you'd know that I often chat with folks. Sometimes having massive group convos with people. I'll use the current server for part of my social club if I want thanks.

Yes, and in this situation Bad Santa pulled a gun, anything and everything else doesn't matter.
It actually does; Hence this entire discussion.

It's up to you how you react to it. It's a game. When people can pull an AK out of their arseholes they often have it as their last weapon used, and might accidentally press it in public only to put it away again quickly whilst just happening to be looking at someone. Now whilst that doesn't apply here, you'd give this person shit for that. By all means, go ahead, but it just looks itchy to use those handcuffs.

I hope you do, and we have very different play styles. Maybe I get away with more of the stuff I do purely because I'm staff and people are less likely to try shit. But even yesterday night as I came on as a cop, picture this:

Someone called 911 and said there was weed in the cells. I was the only cop but I still went down there. What could've been a bunch of people hiding out in there actually turned out to be 2 guys who were growing in there. In a turn of events I picked it all up straight away but got locked in the cells (I had a couple bevvies okay lol). For the next 15 minutes it was the funniest shit with them trying to coax me into different traps. Planting weed between the gates, me using the gravgun to grab them from far away without actually falling into it, it was a laugh.

I could've shot them at any time. Arrested them at anytime (which I did on one eventually). Used my authority to gain the upper hand. But I didn't because everyone was having a laugh. Eventually when they let me out and ran I arrested one of them whilst the other challenged me to a bat fight (which I took). Eventually someone else joined in and we beat him down. He respawned, no hard feelings because we're all in on it. We didn't carry on because it was funny the first time. Both of them didn't try to coax me into anything else. Oh and I got a couple thousand from their pots.

Alternatively I could've arrested them both straight away, took the weed and be on my way. Yeah okay.

Bad Santa

Server Administrator

Results:

So you're telling me him whipping out a Shotgun, actively aiming it, whilst actively moving is an accident? At the end of the day there are circumstances where that can be an accident, I agree, like Bad Santa just rolling his huge dick across his keyboard. I'm sure he got VERY lucky and the combination of keys hit produced the act which is 'too complex to be an accident and has an unbelievably low probability of being an accident'.

This post seems to align pretty well with the amount of complaints I receive about you as cop.

@El Jameo I'm not that stiff. There are times I prefer to play the game and other times I prefer to mess about. Depends on the player. In that specific situation I would have arrested Bad Santa with no hesitation at all. The situation in the cells sound pretty funny. It's not about them being out to kill me it's about the law breh. Depends on the crowd on the server at the time.

@Bad Santa as expected tbh.

El Jameo

Sack of Shit
Server Administrator
@El Jameo I'm not that stiff. There are times I prefer to play the game and other times I prefer to mess about. Depends on the player. In that specific situation I would have arrested Bad Santa with no hesitation at all. The situation in the cells sound pretty funny. It's not about them being out to kill me it's about the law breh. Depends on the crowd on the server at the time.
Some players build a reputation for being twats yeah, and you would look at them differently, but I don't know what your definition of "messing around" is. From your previous posts I wouldn't say your definitions align anywhere close to mine but I don't see you in the server much so idk.

The law comes second place to fun (provided everyone who's in on it is enjoying it), all the time, regardless of reasoning. I will happily call someone out if I see someone trying to devalue other people's fun because "the rules" or "the law" (AGAIN, provided everyone's in on it AKA no real victims).

Don't be that guy who doesn't have a heart at times. You may be following the rules but that won't make you any less of a minge. mkay?

Some players build a reputation for being twats yeah, and you would look at them differently, but I don't know what your definition of "messing around" is. From your previous posts I wouldn't say your definitions align anywhere close to mine but I don't see you in the server much so idk.

The law comes second place to fun (provided everyone who's in on it is enjoying it), all the time, regardless of reasoning. I will happily call someone out if I see someone trying to devalue other people's fun because "the rules" or "the law" (AGAIN, provided everyone's in on it AKA no real victims).

Don't be that guy who doesn't have a heart at times. You may be following the rules but that won't make you any less of a minge. mkay?
This is me in the car, building the ramp, I'm confident both of those are in someway against the rules but as long as it's isolated to a group of individuals who are fine with it it's cool. I get that.

Who's to prioritize one persons fun to another any way. If someone's idea of fun is playing cop strict, then why should they have less fun to give leeway to others? People are free to do what they want as long as it's within the rules are they not? (I don't get what you mean by calling them out? just calling them a dick on OOC?)

Bad Santa

Server Administrator
This is me in the car, building the ramp, I'm confident both of those are in someway against the rules but as long as it's isolated to a group of individuals who are fine with it it's cool. I get that.

Who's to prioritize one persons fun to another any way. If someone's idea of fun is playing cop strict, then why should they have less fun to give leeway to others? People are free to do what they want as long as it's within the rules are they not? (I don't get what you mean by calling them out? just calling them a dick on OOC?)
It's a case by case basis. Like there I probably wouldn't have done something as long as the server didn't have 50+ people on it. I'd still hold you accountable if a random had happened to walk by and get killed by that. Like Jameo said, if everyone's in on it and having fun, I don't care as long as you're not breaking serious rules (Ie your cop buddy is letting you grow weed in plain sight) or any dumb shit like that. Here's another example of possibly technically breaking the rules but since no one was hurt it doesn't matter. This TOTALLY didn't involve a lot of prop pushing and prop fuckery.

Reactions: Jon