Bans and Minges

Have you noticed this as well?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Don't expect people to do your work for you. Why should phantom go out of his way to help you ban someone? You should have this shit yourself if its such an issue to you.
This video shit was never a big thing until Bad Santa said he'd ban himself if he did something wrong. He clearly did by trying to lie to people involved in that video and basically threaten to ban them for no reason.

Bad Santa

Server Administrator
This video shit was never a big thing until Bad Santa said he'd ban himself if he did something wrong. He clearly did by trying to lie to people involved in that video and basically threaten to ban them for no reason.
If people are arguing about something in OOC for an excessive amount of time and it's annoying other players, admins have the right to kick them/ ban them if they don't stop after they've been told to. It's a simple concept. I don't see what your point is.

Is this significant at all

is getting banned from a mod of a mod of a game, wrongfully or not, for a few hours seriously going to bother your life this much that we needed 4 pages of inspector autism digging up evidence that he was wrongfully banned for a day/half a day. Not even a permanent or week long ban.

"all black people must live near the farm" is srs bsns

So if it wasn't important enough then, it isn't important now. Case closed. You sound like a whiny nerd for giving so much of a shit about Gmod RP.

El Jameo

Sack of Shit
Server Administrator
I leave this thread for one day...

Yeah that video is missing context. Mayor laws? Santa said he owned the building?

As for the shotgun part I just wouldn't have been fucked as an officer, legal or illegal. Sometimes people accidentally pull shit out in public with a slip of the finger. Who knows in this case. Not worth the hassle, but that's just me.

The only stuff I'm not sure about is towards the end. Like, you instantly die and then start showing chat logs with no continuation of story. For all we know, despite it's a likely scenario it was about the kill shown, it could be about another situation. (Pro tip: NEVER edit your videos for this reason as you might look like you're trying to skew the story.)

That all being said, at a first glance the video looks good but think a little harder and the cracks are too big to call the whole thing solid.

*oh, and I love how you target him for having a (potentially legal) shotgun but skip out on the guy with the weed after looking right at him. Easy $250 or something right there.

Bad Santa

Server Administrator

Yeah that video is missing context. Mayor laws? Santa said he owned the building?

As for the shotgun part I just wouldn't have been fucked as an officer, legal or illegal. Sometimes people accidentally pull shit out in public with a slip of the finger. Who knows in this case. Not worth the hassle, but that's just me.

The only stuff I'm not sure about is towards the end. Like, you instantly die and then start showing chat logs with no continuation of story. For all we know, despite it's a likely scenario it was about the kill shown, it could be about another situation. (Pro tip: NEVER edit your videos for this reason as you might look like you're trying to skew the story.)

That all being said, at a first glance the video looks good but think a little harder and the cracks are too big to call the whole thing solid.

*oh, and I love how you target him for having a (potentially legal) shotgun but skip out on the guy with the weed after looking right at him. Easy $250 or something right there.
There was no mayor at the time.

That is exactly what I saw. To me all this video shows is you targeting and pushing an admin's buttons. A guy walked blatantly by with a pot of weed and did nothing. But you target someone for a legal weapon.

Can we just lock this and move to shit thread? That is where this belongs now.

Bad Santa

Server Administrator
That is exactly what I saw. To me all this video shows is you targeting and pushing an admin's buttons. A guy walked blatantly by with a pot of weed and did nothing. But you target someone for a legal weapon.

Can we just lock this and move to shit thread? That is where this belongs now.
Wait you mean all they're doing is complaining and nothing will satisfy them? Kind of like last night when they complained that I was going to "unjustifiably" ban someone (even though there was a god damn video of it) and then complained that I didn't ban him long enough????

Bad Santa = Bad Liar
Jesus Christ Bad Santa you aim a shotgun at a bunch of civilians and lie on OOC claiming you didn't (In video)....
This is awful and very unfair towards the cops, especially kicking them for complaining at you for lying? is that correct? (It was claimed in the video not shown)

And @El Jameo that was not an accidental pull. P.s. Being "lazy" is a boring excuse to not do your job which is enforcing the law. Boo to you buddy boo to you.
Also with respect to them editing the video, it's up to Bad Santa to confirm the order in which things happened, if he lies of course they'll just have to spend longer proving what has happened.

Also them telling you to get off the roof Bad Santa, the level of RP they want to engage in is up to them, you can choose to co-operate or not. Obviously if you don't want to RP to that extent, that's up to you. If however they arrested you for it that would be a random arrest as there is no mayor with no law stating it's illegal, but they didn't, so there was no harm there.

Penguin they didn't show what happened with the weed scenario.

Anyway a general point of concern:
Shotguns are legal in public, really? Having a gun in public of any sort makes you a danger to the public I would think. Realistically the only time "legal guns"(shotty, pistol) are legal would be on your property right? assuming there's no mayor of course.

Last edited:

Bad Santa

Server Administrator
Jesus Christ Bad Santa you aim a shotgun at a bunch of civilians and lie on OOC claiming you didn't (In video)....
This is awful and very unfair towards the cops, especially kicking them for complaining at you for lying? is that correct? (It was claimed in the video not shown)

And @El Jameo that was not an accidental pull. P.s. Being "lazy" is a boring excuse to not do your job which is enforcing the law. Boo to you buddy boo to you.
Also with respect to them editing the video, it's up to Bad Santa to confirm the order in which things happened, if he lies of course they'll just have to spend longer proving what has happened.

Also them telling you to get off the roof Bad Santa, the level of RP they want to engage in is up to them, you can choose to co-operate or not. Obviously if you don't want to RP to that extent, that's up to you. If however they arrested you for it that would be a random arrest as there is no mayor with no law stating it's illegal, but they didn't, so there was no harm there.

Shotguns are legal in public? Having a gun in public of any sort makes you a danger to the public I would think. Realistically the only time guns are legal would be in your property right? assuming there's no mayor of course.
I was going to kick them because

If people are arguing about something in OOC for an excessive amount of time and it's annoying other players, admins have the right to kick them/ ban them if they don't stop after they've been told to. It's a simple concept. I don't see what your point is.
I literally just had a shotgun in my hands. I wasn't threatening anyone with it. I wasn't shooting anyone with it. I showed no intent to use it.

My bad for editing the video in between - all that happened in between is we discussed which one of us we wanted to vote mayor, but please note this isn't the full video I would have liked to have. I've said many times that I don't have the full story and this video is a portion of the shit Bad Santa pulled. Later he manipulated the story dramatically making me sound like I just straight harassed him and had no business doing anything. Also, I think a civilian pulling a heavy weapon on a crowd is a much bigger problem than some stoner showing off his plant but if you think differently then you should never be a cop. Ever. I don't care if it's an accident, he just accidentally made himself a threat to the public by pulling that shotgun.

Shotguns are legal in public? Having a gun in public of any sort makes you a danger to the public I would think. Realistically the only time guns are legal would be in your property right? assuming there's no mayor of course.
I thank you for explaining my side much better than I could have. Me telling him to get off the roof was just pure roleplay. I had no actual intent to do anything about it. MY BAD EVERYBODY, I made Bad Santa a victim of roleplay on an RP server.

I literally just had a shotgun in my hands. I wasn't threatening anyone with it. I wasn't shooting anyone with it. I showed no intent to use it.
Another point I made is that holding a gun out in public is a danger especially in crowds. Doesn't matter what your intent is, I can't read your mind because I'm not God. That's why in the video I showed that Sadistic even said if something's a danger to the public we can step in and do our thing as police officers.

MY MAIN POINT isn't shown in this video. I asked for chat logs so I could put together the video WAY better than shown, because I'm not gonna lie this video is pretty dog shit. That being said, it doesn't mean that Bad Santa did NOTHING wrong. He lied in a way that would make what me and my fellow officers did RDM, which we did not. If we really RDMed he would've done something about it, but Bad Santa knew he was in the wrong and didn't. Instead he twisted the story in his favor and then said if we kept on defending ourselves we'd be kicked. Again, only chat logs will show.

Also, he didn't kick us, he was about to but we decided it wasn't worth fighting for. We knew we were just players and it would just be a useless since we would lose our spot as cops. But threatening to kick us for something we are completely innocent for is just as bad.

Bad Santa

Server Administrator
Also, he didn't kick us, he was about to but we decided it wasn't worth fighting for. We knew we were just players and it would just be a useless since we would lose our spot as cops. But threatening to kick us for something we are completely innocent for is just as bad.
That's not why I was going to kick you.

Doesn't matter, if what you do violates the law it's down to the cops discretion to let you off or not. However you didn't even argue this. Do you not see how what you did is clearly breaking the law IG?

You had no intent to use it yet it was loaded with ammo? Hahaha. And instead of arguing your case to the cops properly explaining you decided to run and you were ready to kill.

That's not why I was going to kick you.
But their whining in OOC was a product of you lying, clearly screenshotted. Unless that's somehow manipulated to look as such from another situation? A.k.a. please confirm the chat logs in video describe what you said in response to them in the situation.

Phantom

Owner
So here is this magical chat log everyone wanted, it gives chat from the 20 minutes around the videos time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hjW4elVAMCzn11cBC0EDLLJh9xATlyzvAyu2TXTzIvQ/edit?usp=sharing

From what I can gather from the video and the chat, feel free to correct me:
  1. Santa was on the roof, cop RP'd it as a suicide telling him to get down or get arrested essentially.
    • This is fine, it was roleplayed well, and proper warning was given had there been an arrest.
  2. Santa got down, and ran around building. Had a shotgun equipped at some time, flashed it in public, cops saw it.
    • Illegal. Pistols and shotguns are legal weapons to have in your home/property. Not to open carry in public.
  3. Cops chased him down, did not shoot first, attempted to question. Santa ran away, jumped down behind shops.
    • Running from cops is going to get your leg capped at the least and that didn't even happen here.
  4. Police were chasing, yelling to stop, warning shot was fired in air.
    • Still didn't stop. Basically asking to get shot down by every cop in town at this point.
  5. Police confronts Santa behind shops, Santa draws gun, guns go pew, cop dies.
    • Video dies, on to chat logs!
  6. Santa claims the shotgun is not illegal, sounds like an idiot
    • Open carry is always illegal, pistols and shotguns are only legal on properties, unless mayor states otherwise.
    • Equally wrong as he is persistent...
  7. Bunkers down on it even more, threatens to ban for disagreeing
    • #quality
So, Bad Santa is clearly in the wrong, the whole situation was RP'ed better than anyone admining a PERP server could ask for, and it still managed to fuck up, with no fault to the police. Santa: 0, Everyone else: 1

For whatever this thread was initially created on:

Mayor said black people go to farms, police killed a guy because of it. Mayor and two police involved get banned for 3-12 hours over 1 RDM.

What should have happened: mayor demoted, cops demoted, maybe mayor banned for like an hour for a dumb law? Or, just ask to have to law removed, and say "don't do that, bad mayor".

Did I get that all right?

1. Santa was on the roof, cop RP'd it as a suicide telling him to get down or get arrested essentially.
    • This is fine, it was roleplayed well, and proper warning was given had there been an arrest
So as long as it's a realistic request in roleplay (i.e. get off the roof of the bank, get off that person's vehicle), you can arrest for it, that being on the basis they refuse to cooperate?