AFK Kicker

Don't know if this has been asked already, I did have a quick look.

So many players keep joining and just idling or signing up for a job and going AFK, hogging jobs and playtime.

Are there plans for an AFK kicker to be implemented like before?

Don't know if this has been asked already, I did have a quick look.

So many players keep joining and just idling or signing up for a job and going AFK, hogging jobs and playtime.

Are there plans for an AFK kicker to be implemented like before?
They said they didn't care if people idled as a civilian but it would be nice if it was automated for the other jobs.

Civilians will not be kicked for afk, afkers are currently the only reason the server stays at high numbers through out the late night and early morning.
Removing them would not be much of a benefit.

I believe Slayer mentioned that jobs have an afk timer but im not sure.

It makes the server look more appealing for those who aren't on or haven't ever joined, possibly increasing the number of people actually playing.
Unfortunately you're right if you look at SuperiorServers they allow their citizens to AFK and it must be like 50 people AFK and like 50 people playing it sucks for people who are actually playing but it can help boost popularity.

Do numbers really mean anything if there are only a handful of people actually playing?
There's never really been that many people AFK'ing except the first few days. Even at the lowest time when there's 25-30 people on there's no more than 10 or so AFK's. There's nothing worse than a server going 0 players, people don't join empty servers.

AFK kicker for jobs is 100% planned and happening, unfortunately instead of working on it we're rewriting every single thing in the gamemode mysql related.

AFK kicker for jobs is 100% planned and happening, unfortunately instead of working on it we're rewriting every single thing in the gamemode mysql related.
Will that include the people who own shops? I'm constantly seeing shops with AFK owners for hours on end, meaning others can't buy or run them.

Phantom

Owner
I plan on moving to a type of rent system where the property owner/org is charged every X minutes or whatever time period. Obviously, I wouldn't charge someone $10k every 5 min for a property, but that is the idea.

This way, there is less upfront cost, but if you're going to hold a property for 24 hours straight, you're going to pay for it. It also should allow people to legitimately roleplay realtors, like the excuse I've seen thrown around on the server.

I plan on moving to a type of rent system where the property owner/org is charged every X minutes or whatever time period. Obviously, I wouldn't charge someone $10k every 5 min for a property, but that is the idea.
Perhaps there could an upfront cost then payments that start at maybe 10-20% of the down payment and have the percentage gradually increase every payment cycle so you're not completely jewing people at the start but are achieving the goal of charging those who hold property for long periods of time alot of money .

Phantom

Owner
Perhaps there could an upfront cost then payments that start at maybe 10-20% of the down payment and have the percentage gradually increase every payment cycle so you're not completely jewing people at the start but are achieving the goal of charging those who hold property for long periods of time alot of money .
That just sounds confusing as fuck compared to "the bank said $300 every 10 minutes" or whatever it may be.

That just sounds confusing as fuck compared to "the bank said $300 every 10 minutes" or whatever it may be.
I think its better to have scaling rates than just a flat number if the goal is to give players a reason to not sit on properties for excessive amounts of time. I think its a more balanced approach for a newer payer without much capital and the large orgs who would still be able to aford it